You and Me Supported Living Limited
Who are we?
You & Me Supported Living is a Supported Living provider for adults with a variety of learning difficulties. We have 10 houses across Oxfordshire with 3-4 adults living in each house. Staff provide care in our houses 24/7, and work with our housemates to enable them to live fulfilling, independent lives.
Visit our website below or take a look at our Instagram account for more information about our houses and our clients.You and Me Supported Living (@youandmesupportedliving)You & Me Supported Living Limited (youandmesupportedliving.co.uk)This role will be based in one of our Chipping Norton houses.
- You will be working with our housemates to support them with their day to day activities – this includes everything from cooking and cleaning, to visiting friends, going to the cinema, going shopping, attending college or work or even going on holiday.
- You will build good relationships with both housemates and their families so that you can understand what is important for our housemates.
- All our housemates have support plans which detail the care that they need, you will use these support plans to provide appropriate care to each individual housemate.
- You will be assisting housemates on a 1:1 basis to engage in an activity or complete a task they have chosen eg cooking, cleaning, day trips, trips to the gym, shopping or meals out.
- Our housemates like to be supported by people who are enthusiastic about their work, they would like you to have a good sense of humour and be fun to be with.
Full training for the role will be given, this will include online training modules, job shadowing and the chance to study for formal qualifications through our apprenticeship program. You will be working 30 hours and one responsive night shift per week. Your working hours may include evenings and weekends.
Who are you?
- You are flexible and enthusiastic with good written and verbal communication skills
- You are independent and able to work alone using your own initiative
- You will have previous experience supporting adults with learning disabilities
- You are likely to hold a full driving license and be able to drive housemates to activities of their choosing.
- You care about supporting people to live fulfilling and independent lives
- You have empathy and can support people in sensitive or challenging situations
- You are happy to participate in a variety of activities to support our housemates
The role benefits 28 days paid holiday based on full time hours Company Pension £28,000 per year based on full time hours
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent Part-time hours: 30 per week
Salary: From £19,899.00 per year
Benefits: Company pension
Shift: Day shift Night shift
COVID-19 considerations: All current Covid rules are followed.
Ability to commute/relocate: Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK?
- Are you able to work weekends?
Experience: working with adults with learning disabilities: 1 year (preferred)
Licence/Certification: Driving Licence (required)
Work authorisation: United Kingdom (required)
Shift availability: Day shift (required) Night shift (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 15/09/2023
Reference ID: PAYE PA
Expected start date: 02/10/2023