Age UK Enfield
AGE UK ENFIELD JOB DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: Home Care Support Worker
LOCATION: Age UK Enfield – Community
Health and Social Care. Day to day welfare, care and support of people as specified in the clients homes and according to the individuals needs and wishes.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Home Care Services Manager
SALARY: from £9.20 per hour up to £11.20 per hour.
We provide a package of healthcare benefits from Simply Health on completion of probationary period, this covers costs of specified clinics, treatments, and many discounted well being services for our employees.
HOURS: Variable working hours. Weekday Day times 8am-6pm Evenings 6pm -10pm. Weekends 8am- 2pm. 6pm-10pm
Home Care Support Workers work to promote service users to remain independent in their own homes. Our Home Care Support Workers deliver care in the home and other venues, provide a reliable, personal service which meets the individuals personal need and respect confidentiality at all times.
Duties and tasks will include:
The provision of personal care, social and enabling care and support to service users within their own home and in the community.
- To deliver high quality care to Service Users and their families ·
- To provide the highest quality care to service users in their own homes in accordance with their support plan, in person-centred approach.
The range of tasks that the Home Care Support Worker may be required to undertake covers personal care, domestic/practical tasks, and enabling and support work:
- Personal care includes washing, dressing, bathing or showering, toileting and medication monitoring and/or assistance.
- Social duties include preparing and cooking meals, essential cleaning, shopping, bill payment and fire maintenance.
Enabling and support may include such activities as supervising, monitoring and coaching to empower service users to be as independent as possible and have control over their own lives. Home Care Support Workers may also be required to escort or accompany service users to outings, appointments or other events.
To be aware of the personal needs and requirements of your service users, communicating successfully, not only with your service user, their family, friends and other healthcare professionals.
2. Recording and Reporting
- Maintain appropriate records to meet the needs of the service, observing and promptly reporting back any changes or concerns in your service user’s circumstances or condition to line management.
- Protect the confidentiality of service users and of Age UK Enfield
- Act promptly and appropriately to protect service users from neglect or abuse
- Follow risk assessments and observe Safeguarding guidelines.
3. Working Practice
- Simply Health package covering well being and health clinics, treatments and resources for our employees. Full mileage paid for drivers.
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Paid Holiday pay
- Contribute to and work effectively as part of a team
- Working independently and using own initiative
- To be able to travel around the borough independently using own transport· Candidates must have a full driving licence and access to their own vehicle, vehicles must have business insurance cover, candidates must be able to travel around the borough independently using own transport
- Deliver support in a manner which is sensitive to the service user’s culture, disability, race, age, sexuality, marital or civil partnership status, transgender status or religion/belief.
- Engage and work closely observing professional boundaries with unpaid carers, such as family or friends, for the benefit of the service user.
- Promote anti-discriminatory practice
- Promote the dignity and privacy of service users
- Participate in staff development (including supervision), training and performance appraisals as required.·
- At all times present a professional and caring image of Age UK Enfield and demonstrate behaviours reflective of Age UK Enfield values
Any other duties as delegated by line managers. If you have experience in retail or hospitality you are welcome to apply and we can offer training and support.
4. General duties
Ensure that all care is completed within Age UK Enfield’s Policies and Procedures, CQC Fundamental Standards and all contractual and legislative requirements.
Your role will be based as part of the home care team and although this is remote working in peoples own homes the service operates from The Parker Centre in Edmonton, candidates must be willing to attend the centre at any time requested by their line manager for duties specific to their role· Undertake any other duties that may be necessary to comply with the demands of the CQC or other legislative bodies.
To attend employee, team and supervision meetings as required. To ensure good working practice to prevent abuse of vulnerable adults in line with AUKE’s Policy and local guidance. To undertake any relevant training as may be required.·
To be flexible undertaking any other duties as required by the organisation including assisting during times of severe weather disruption/crisis management where support for other frontline services is needed which may include working at other sites. Excellent time keeping, punctuality and reliability at all times.
Provide a high level of internal and external customer service at all times.Health and Safety As an employee of Age UK Enfield, the post holder has a duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, to:Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and all other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.Co-operate with their employer to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and the Health and Safety policies and procedures, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety, or welfare, in pursuance of any of the relevant statutory provisions.
Data Protection The post holder must at all times respect the confidentiality of information in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018. This includes, if required to do so, obtain, process and/or use information held on a computer in a fair and lawful way, to hold data only for the specified registered purposes and to use or disclose data only to authorized persons or organizations as instructed. Work Remotely No
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.50-£12.50 per hour
- Company pension
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
Day range: Monday to FridayPhysical setting: Homecare
Shift: Day shift
COVID-19 considerations: LFD testing weekly, full PPE provided, full infection control measures in place, full pay when isolating, remote interview
Work Location: In person